June Thomas, Slate Magazine, about the perkygoth from NCIS, November 2011.
I do not understand this sentence.
a good response to the question “how old are you?” is something along the lines of “dunno i stopped counting after the first few centuries”
and it needs to be said seriously without smiling or humor or as casually as possible and followed by “so anyway” and a subject change as if it’s completely normal
I did this once and my friend, without missing a single beat, turns around and says “For the last time, you’re 1206. Why I even bother…”
What Goths find funny can be a little disconcerting to others.
Do not trust vampires pointing out things.
"I’m only wearing black until they invent something darker."
So I just noticed the intro to Sisters of Mercy’s Blood Money sounds almost identical to the intro from Specimen’s Returning From A Journey, which came out two years prior. This isn’t the first time I saw Eldritch using a strangely familiar intro, like how First and Last and Always sounds like this song by a Romanian prog-folk band my father listened to.
Long story short, my new favorite game is “What Song Did Andrew Gank This Intro From”.
Bauhaus ‘Vintage’ Merchandise
Ok, but occasionally a Peter Murphy shirt will implode from irony so chose your Bauhaus merch wisely if you must.
Nick Cave, 1992
Here we see a young Nick Cave begging for a porn stache.
A set from yesterday.
If you don’t out grow being Goth you’ll always been single and lonely… everyone knows that.
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
/Well A group of them isn’t called a ‘Murder’ for no reason you know.
Pfft “scary” more like hella awesome
Crows are the shit man, i love them
They can also bring murdered guitarists back to life.
Candyman, French TV 1987.
Apparently all the bros telling you not to wear “too much” making are trying to save you from becoming this ferocious diety.
Smart move, bros.
Apparently it’s helped a lot of famous people with some form of social anxiety like Roy Orbison, Mitch Hedberg, Janis Joplin, and Kurt Cobain used sunglasses on stage for the same reason.
Sometimes people wear sunglasses on stage because they’re hopped off on goofballs. Sometimes it’s a bit of column A and a bit of column B.
Sometimes the path to recovery is strewn with landmines… you just can’t be too careful.